Rotary Bleed Valve
Dry Low Emission (D LE) turbines require modulating bleed air valves in order to function efficiently at reduced power. These valves must also be fast enough to keep pace with demands for accurate combustion air control.
The AVB3.0 all-electric bleed air valve controls high-temperature air up to 850°F, and helps maintain a precise fuel/air ratio within the turbine to facilitate optimal engine efficiency and meet today’s stringent emission requirements.
Each valve incorporates a fail-safe spring configurable to fail open or fail close, depending upon the desired action, in less than 500 milliseconds. The AVB3.0 actuation mechanism has a unique torque shaft design, eliminating actuator side loading, to reduce wear and increase installation flexibility.
Reliability was a top priority during the design and development of the AVB3.0. Using field-proven valves, advanced Matlab models and state-of-the-art CAE tools, PECC was able to achieve AVB3.O’s robust design and performance objectives. The actuator is powered from 120 VDC and is fully integrated with digital electronics that feature real-time health and data monitoring through an isolated RS232 serial interface, facilitating predictive maintenance and reducing overall engine downtime.
- 120VDC Operation @ 1-2 Amps Typical
- Integrated Digital Electronics
- -40 to 200 DegF Amb Operating Temp Range
- -40 to 850 DegF Gas Temperature Range
- 4-20mA Control/Feedback Interfaces
- 24VDC Logic I/O Interfaces
- 3”, 4”, and 6” Butterfly Valve
- Fail-safe Operation
- Response Time (3”<400ms; 4”<500ms; 6”<1000ms)
- RS485 Programmable Stroke Calibration
- Ethernet I/P and DeviceNet Com I/F
- 2-wire Pwr Harness; 25-wire Sig Harness
- CSA/ATEX/CE Certified
- Max Operating Pressure: 400 PSIG
- Max Flow Cv (3” 245; 4” 450; 6” 1240)