We employ a team of qualified engineers who are available to provide office-based services to our clients. This might include engineering design consultancy, specification writing or full project management. In the completion of these tasks, our engineers are able to draw upon over 30 years of design solutions and knowledge. Whatever your requirements We are able to offer an independent design and verification process backed up by our stringent quality assurance procedures.
Our team of engineers have experience of projects that include the full project life cycle activities, i.e. sale, design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
This experience means that they have the necessary skills to provide full or partial project management services to our clients. This might involve managing a design or installation task to full life-cycle project control. The key to any successful project is adequate planning and risk management. Why not let our engineers handle this critical task?
Our team of qualified engineers can offer an independent consultancy service for operators of rotating equipment. This might typically include:
- Fault analysis of an installed system to determine modes of instability or failure. This can include computer-based system modelling.
- Independent review of new plant to ensure compliance with the client's specification and requirements.
- Compiling specifications for control system equipment to ensure the client's requirements are addressed.
- Verification and validation of software written by others. This is particularly relevant in the nuclear industry which we have a great deal of experience in.
We offer a range of training services to cover the complete range of skill sets required for the operation and maintenance of rotating equipment.
We conduct training courses on all the equipment that is supplied as part of a control system upgrade. However, we are also able to provide bespoke training courses on equipment and plant supplied by other manufacturers.
Our training gives the plant personnel the necessary information to enable them to operate and maintain the plant. Typical subject headings would include:
- Basics of the controlled plant, how it works.
- Operation of the plant via the HMI
- Basic system maintenance.
- Basic system programming
- The operation of a gas turbine from first principles, including thermodynamic principles
- Gas turbine control principles
- Gas turbine auxiliaries
- Gas turbine operation and maintenance
- The operation of a steam turbine from first principles, including thermodynamic principles
- Steam turbine control principles
- Steam turbine auxiliaries
- Steam turbine operation and maintenance.
- Operation of compressors, axial, centrifugal.
- Control and protection of compressors
- Compressor auxiliaries
- Operation of electrical generators
- Control and protection of generators