Projects Installation & Commissioning Engineer
Turbine Controls Ltd is a leading manufacturer of control systems for Gas and steam turbines. The company is internationally renowned and has a large portfolio of multi-national customers. A position has become vacant for a Projects Installation & Commissioning Engineer.
- Production of detailed design specifications for programming and manufacturing applications
- Development of control system hardware & software for turbine control applications
- Specifying electrical hardware components for control systems
- Liaising with customers and sub-contractors
- Programming of PLC and SCADA applications
- Production of test specifications
- Factory and works test
- Installation and commissioning software applications.
- Design & Implementation of Fire & Gas protection systems
Installation & Commissioning
- Supporting Control / Instrumentation and Auxiliaries systems on Gas Turbine Driven Generating Sets, utilising Rolls Royce Avon or Olympus Gas Generators as an example
- UK on-shore located Power Stations, and off-shore North Sea platform locations. The opportunity may arise for on and off-shore international site work also.
- Completing all required documentation to include site reports and software/product revisions to ISO 9001:2008, 14001:2004 & 18001:2007
- Re-Commissioning of machine after service / maintenance visits
- Visits to Overseas locations are also required.
- Good working knowledge of PLC based Control systems with associated HMI running SCADA type package (Rockwell and or others) is required
- Good knowledge of Gas Turbines, Rotating machinery and hydraulic systems.
- Power Generation Industry knowledge
- 1 years experience of dynamically commissioning a industrial Gas or steam Turbine
- Formal qualifications in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Good levels of practical experience of this type of work is essential.
- Very good customer relation skills required
- Prioritising workloads to deadline
- Ability to extract information from specifications
- Computer literate
- Be able to work under own initiative, and as part of, or leading a team on site
- Must hold a current, clean driving license
- Full passport
- CCNSG Passport to Safety
- Offshore Vantage Card
|Location:||52 Kenilworth Drive, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 5LG, United Kingdom|
|Reporting To:||Derek Wolmarans – Projects Director|
|Hours:||39 per week, Monday - Friday|
If you are interested in employment at TCL, submit your CV to the Human Resources Department via any of the following methods:
|Mail:||52 Kenilworth Drive, Oadby,Leicester LE2 5LG United Kingdom|
|Phone:||0116 271 7248|