Integrated Management System – Health & Safety, Environmental & Quality
At TCL, we believe that as a successful member of the business community, we have significant responsibilities towards health & safety, quality and the environment. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our operations and activities do not place the health and safety of our employees, sub-contractors or any third parties at risk.
Furthermore, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our activities do not cause harm and, where feasible, actively enhance the environment and the communities they might affect. We acknowledge our obligations in all cases, including residual liability where third party sub-contractors are employed and will use due diligence to ensure that they meet our standards.
We recognise that our business activities have both direct and indirect impacts on the environment. We are committed to managing these environmental impacts in the most effective and responsible manner using our Risk Management System to proactively raise our level of environmental performance.
TCL are also committed to producing products and offering services that satisfy customer requirements. This is based on the principle that the effective and consistent implementation of operational systems, which reflects both customer and business requirements, will result in the continuous satisfaction of customer needs.
We will endeavour to ensure that our policies actively promote health and safety, environmental protection, prevent pollution, improve legal compliance, minimise waste & provide high-quality products and services. We aim to achieve far more than mere passive compliance; we will undertake an improvement programme of positive action by setting annual and longer-term objectives and targets and by continually monitoring and reviewing our health, safety, environmental & quality performance. We will strive to:
- Continually improve our health, safety, environmental & quality performance and we will set, maintain & monitor objectives & targets designed to achieve this aim which will be reported at the integrated management review meeting each year
- Incorporate health & safety considerations, environmental stewardship & quality into central pillars of our business strategy
- Develop policies and practices, which raise awareness and both encourage and enable our staff and sub-contractors to make a contribution towards achieving health, safety, environmental & quality improvement
- Assess all risks, develop appropriate mitigation and control procedures, and implement safe systems of work design to prevent injury, accidents or ill health at work
- Use energy and water efficiently and seek means of reducing consumption through improved management practice and technological upgrades
- Reduce consumption of materials through re-use rather than disposal, wherever possible and promote recycling
- Encourage our suppliers of goods and services to protect health and safety and to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through our procurement policies and practices
- Prevent pollution
- Meet customer requirements
TCL’s Health & Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures are externally accredited to ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007 & EN ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- TCL are Safecontactor Approved (Supplier number: RL2015)
- TCL are UVDB Approved (Supplier number: 058703)
- TCL are FPAL Approved (Supplier number: 10041930)
Click to view certificates