Posiflow - the simple solution for liquid fuel systems
Traditional gas turbine liquid fuel systems use an HP fuel pump plus a control valve with some form of spill control
Wear and drift in the mechanical parts of the fuel valve can lead to various operational problems:
- Inconsistent light off flows, causing failed starts
- Problematic fault finding
- Inconsistent and failed fuel changeovers
- Increased spares inventory
To provide a solution to the traditional problems of a gas turbine liquid fuel system TCL have developed the Posiflow system. The system operates by using the flow versus speed characteristic of a positive displacement pump; i.e. fuel delivery rate is directly proportioned to pump speed.
A gas turbine liquid fuel system needs an HP fuel pump so why not use this to control the fuel flow.
The proven features of positive displacement pumps and variable speed drives provide reliable, repeatable and accurate control.
Scope of supply
The posiflow can be supplied as a complete skid with shut-off valves, pressure gauges and transmitters or a pump and motor assembly.
- Lower spares inventory with reduced component count & improved reliability.
- Low total life cost.
- Solutions for aggressive fuels such as Naptha and heavy fuel oil.
- Reliable engine starting giving peace of mind and reduced operating costs.
- Zero calibration cost.
- Remote starting from batteries.
- Remove troublesome flow dividers, particularly useful on GE Frame engines.
- Energy and pump wear reduction.
The Posiflow can be supplied as part of a complete controls retrofit or integrated into an exisitng control system. Standard solutions available for:
- RR Avon fuel systems
- RR Olympus fuel systems
- GE Frame 3/5 fuel systems
- Ruston gas turbine fuel systems
- Pratt & Witney FT4 fuel systems
- Orenda fuel systems
Typical Customer comments
"Since we have installed Posiflow the gas turbine has never failed to start"
"The start reliability has improved to better than 99%"
"The posiflow system enables us to meet our operational requirements of having to start immediately following a 4 week shutdown."
+44 (0)116 271 7248