Electronic overspeed protection systems to replace old analogue electronic or mechanical devices. Systems can be SIL 3 according to IEC 61508.
Mechanical and older analogue overspeed trip systems are prone to:
- Drift of the setpoint resulting in inconsistent operation.
- The turbine has to run in order to test them.
- Hard to maintain and scarcity of spares.
Microprocessor based overspeed systems offer the following advantages:
- Can be tested whilst the turbine is shutdown
- Operating setpoint is constant
- Much improved diagnostics
The scope of supply may include:
- Panel mounted monitor with test signal injector
- Magnetic or eddy current type speed probes
- Signal cabling
- Installation design
- Setup and testing of the complete system
+44 (0)116 271 7248