The TCL Development team have designed a new Generator Control System for the control and protection of electrical generators.
Aging generator control systems have become unreliable and spare parts are increasing difficult to source. With limited monitoring facilities, system faults are difficult to diagnose, increasing downtime and maintenance costs.
TCL’s Integrated Generator Control System uses microprocessor based control equipment in a stand-alone system capable of providing the following functions:
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) up to an excitation current of 30A
- Manual Field Current Regulation (FCR)
- Power Factor (PF) and Reactive power (VAR) control
- Soft start voltage build-up with an adjustable ramp
- Overexcitation (OEL) and underexcitation (UEL) limiting
- Underfrequency compensation (Volts/Hertz)
- Line Drop Compensation
- Generator paralleling with reactive droop compensation or crosscurrent (reactive differential) compensation
- Generator paralleling with real power load sharing
- Synchronizing for 1 or 2 circuit breakers
- Generator protection functions
The TCL Integrated Generator Control System uses an HMI to provide an operator interface which allows:
- Viewing of system parameters
- Adjustment of setpoints, ramp rates etc.
The new system provides a cost effective solution to generator control and protection which will enable operators to achieve a step change in reliability.
+44 (0)116 271 7248